
Pulling the carts
My cross.... when I was dead. David, one of my boys... died with me.Our group was the orange warriors.

I'm finally getting these posted... we did the Pioneer Trek on March 17-20, 2010. Wow, what an experience. So much work with great rewards. We had challenges and disappointments... but overall loved the experience. I hope we get to do it again with Hayley as we learned what to do and what not to do, on this one. I think my feet are still recovering from all the walking. I ended up walking without my shoes for part of the walk as my shoes were hurting my feet worse that the rocks did. We got really good at unloading our cart and reloading it as we did it many times during the 3 days. (you had to unload the cart everytime there was a ravine or creek.... which there were many!) The last day of the pull.... I died (not really) but got to just walk with the dead people which was good as it was pouring rain.... and I was really disappointed at two of my "boys" who had snuck out of camp the night before, so it was nice to have a break from them. Had a really great experience as we had given our kids a pioneer name for the day... and that night we shared with them the story of that person...... One of our boys that night had shared in his testimony almost word for word in his testimony as the story of his pioneer name. He hadn't seen the story.... and we had forgotten which story vs name we had given him. It was really a testament that the pioneers had been with us on this trek and really made us appreciate that we had gotten to experience a piece of what they had gone through. I was really glad that I hadn't been a pioneer as it was not something I would want to do everyday.











0 comments:
Post a Comment