Well Chyanne got her dream..... She was invited to observe from the Pit while Wicked was still in town. She got to go to the last show here in Houston and sit next to Thomas Bacon (french horn player) and hear Wicked from inside the Pit.
It was so exciting for her as she has wanted to do that for years. Everything fell into place for her to do this and we were able to make it happen. Some how I was stupid and didn't get a picture of her down there....... oops.
It was a really long day for me... as I had to work and the event had told us the wrong time so I ended up being there alot longer than I planned.... but it worked out that Jody brought Chyanne down to houston for me and we switched Chy for the Chocolate Fountain stuff... and while he was on his way down.... I tried to get tickets for the sold out show. I tried to win a ticket through the lottery they had. While I was standing in the lottery line.. I met this guy that wanted a single ticket too... so we worked out a deal that if one of us won the lottery... the other person would by the second ticket...... but neither of us won!
But after all the drawings they announced that there were a few more tickets available for sale at the box office..... so everyone started running for the box office. I got bottlenecked at the door and didn't make it as fast as my new friend did. He made it first in line!!!. So kinda joking.... I ran up and said......" Hey buy me one too!" I went and got in line...... he turns arounds and says he got me one!!!! We got one of the last tickets for the show!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it!!!
My seat was a folding chair where a wheelchair can go, but I would have stood in the hall if they would have let me. It was down in the orchestra area so I had a great view of the show. It was so much more fun this time seeing it as I now knew the story and could see all the things I had missed the first time. What a great show.
Chyanne loved being down in the Pit. It was so different being down there. Sounds so much different. She took lots of notes and observed so many things. The conductor that night was so fun to watch. He had such a fun time conducting. He sang every word of the show along with the actors and was very energetic when he was leading the music. He even laughed at the Trombone player when he was spacing off and forgot to play his part! She realized she has some more work to do so that someday she can play as well as the french horn player.
Before the show started.... The new friend that had bought me my ticket (I paid him back!!!!) we started chatting and I found out that he is also a musician/minister and runs another theater here in town and knows alot of the players here in town (he knew the trombone player in the pit)..... and so now we have another contact to work to get Chy some more opportunities. What was the chance of all the people that I could of stood in line with... That I would run into a guy that is a musicain and runs a theater and lines up the musicians and knows other musicians in town that play for theater performances and lives 15 min away from us. Fate!!!????
After the show... we got more autographs.... and got to see the monkey guys hat he wore as a monkey... this was his last show so he got to take his head with him . What a wonderful night!!!!
I still can't believe that this all worked out so that Chy was able to have this opportunity. WOW!
the late shift – current events with HCR
5 hours ago








0 comments:
Post a Comment