

We made t-shirts, bandana's and Pillowcases for the 16 girls at girls camp.It took us 3 weeks to get them all done! We tried a new technique that you use Sharpie Markers and Rubbing Alcohol to make tye-dyed shirts. They turned out terrific. The pictures are of them all finished... stacked according to the girl... ready to go!
But wait... I get this great idea that I should wash them so they are all nice and clean and pressed... so into the wash.... I had done a practice run a week before so they should be fine... and they are permanent markers after all..... and just to be safe I dried them on high .... and I added vinegar and salt to the cold wash........ they should turn out great!!!!
WRONG!!!!
This is what they looked like when I opened the washer...... I cried!!!!!
All of them were ruined! All 60 of them!!!!! And only 7 days till camp.

All of the yellow, pinks and reds had come completely out and had colored the shirts and nice shade of BLAH!!! The colors that were left were very light and dingy. The picture above is the one on the right that I washed and the one on the left was one that somehow didn't get thrown in the wash with the others.
So armed with the credit card headed to the store to replace all the shirts... the bandana's and pillowcases we just redid.... but it took us almost a week working about 10 hrs a day on the with all of working on them to get them done.
But they looked great when we got them done. The second time through we used alot of black with some bright colors and made them more uniform....but we would stick one random spot on the back of each shirt.... and also cut the neck and sleeves to make them more funky!





Overall I love how they turned out.... just wish I hadn't had to do them twice. We ate a lot of tv dinners and watched a lot of tv/movies. I couldn't have done it for the girls. I would roll them up and put the elastics on... Chy would do the black and Hayley would help with the color as I put on the rubbing alcohol.
the late shift – current events with HCR
5 hours ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment