We decided to do the tourist thing this weekend and bought the Houston City pass. The first stop was the Historical ranch in Houston. It has been here since 1824 and is a 23,000 acre working ranch. It was really fun to go inside the houses that they have set up with all the artifacts from each time period. The kids had a blast! I think they had the most fun with the cows that were by the parking lot!!! We made a reservation for lunch and had the traditional dinner that the share croppers would have cooked. Homemade venison and pork sausage, cornbread, greens, and dewberry cobbler..... YUM!!! The Victorian house was the neatest. I think I could have lived well during that time period. The blacksmith shop was really fun too. Chyanne got a J hook that the blacksmith made just for her. She wants to go back and volunteer there so she can learn how to blacksmith!!! Maybe if we volunteer, I could find an excuse to make my southern bell dress that I have wanted to make for yrs!!
the late shift – current events with HCR
5 hours ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment